"I’d like to offer some ideas for how a newcomer might get acquainted with the community and dive into DH work. I should emphasize that many in the DH community are to some extent self-taught and/or gained their knowledge through work on projects rather than through formal training. In my view, what’s most important is being open-minded, experimental, and playful, as well as grounding your learning in a specific project and finding insightful people with whom can you discuss your work."
- Determine what goals or questions motivate you.
- Get acquainted with the digital humanities
- Participate in the DH community
- Stay informed
- Explore examples for inspiration and models
- Pursue training
- Online tutorials
- Learn standards and best practices
- Find collaborators
- Plan a pilot project
- Where possible, adopt/adapt existing tools